FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Almost ready to quit AA [denied change on restricted fare]
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:22 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Sorry for your recent loss.

Calling and booking a ticket usually results in a more expensive, but flexible fare (discussed in the Consolidated AA Forum about compassion and bereavement fares). Hanging up and calling again (unless a note has been appended to the PNR) might also result in a waiver.

Originally Posted by 1AAFlyer
(in part) I have more than 4m miles flown...
Honestly, relying on "xMM" status and saying "I've flown x million miles" won't result in much sympathy from agents or Flyertalkers, because we all know it's probably mostly miles earned on credit cards, bonus miles, etc. on AA; it comes across to many of us as unnecessarily "DYKWIA". If you have actually flown over 4 million miles, I stand in awe; if you have earned over 4 million miles, I'd not use that metric to impress AA employees; they can look up your data quickly enough and have algorithms in place to calculate high value to the airline.

Good luck with your quest. Maybe try snailmail to:

Sean Bentel
Director of Customer Relations
PO Box 619612 Maildrop 2400
Dallas Fort Worth Airport
TX 75261-9612

As American Airlines and US Airways are still operating as distinct airlines, this question is being moved to the appropriate pre-merger airline forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 12, 2014 at 12:04 am Reason: add explanation and contact