FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)
Old Mar 11, 2014, 4:42 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Superorb
I did this also and got instant approval for the US card and the pending for Arrival. Tried calling and they used the US card as an excuse, said I couldn't get 2 cards on the same day. they also mentioned inquiries of wqhich I had only 2 in the past 6 months at the time. Applied for the Arrival only 6+ months later and got instant approval. It was the 1st card I did too.
I would not be bothered to call. Read back a few pages on this thread - in a post dated near beginning of March, someone got the Arrival deferred screen, and a Barclays rep called him about 10 days later, after verified his occupation and income, offered to move CL from his TWO existing US Airways cards (one opened in 2012 and one in 2013), approved the Arrival in a few minutes.

See this post:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22451824-post912.html

No need to wait 6+ months me think. Probably 3 to 4 months are good enough if the previous card was an instant approval with 10K or above CL.

A friend got 2 cards on the same day by submitting the applications SIMULTANEOUSLY, using 2 browsers of course.

Originally Posted by aw82
I got two Barclaycard cards on the same day on January 17th. Applied for Arrival first, instant approval. Then US Airways (40k with fee offer) and got pending. Called the next day and was approved.
The existing US card from Nov 2013 still is open, therefore I dont want to call as it might give Barclays an excuse to close the newly approved US card. We are more interested in the US miles than the Arrival's $ bonus. The Arrival earnings seem to be harder to redeem versus CapOne's Venture card which we had some experiences from the $1100 bonus 3 years ago. CapOne's credit could be redeemed repeatedly against the same travel expense within the 90 days window, and you could slice and dice the Airline charges to suit your needs. I basically cleared out $800 credit using a single AA award tax payment that was below $50 in that 90 days window. Impossible to do with Arrival. CapOne redemption thru CSR could be very liberal. Back then people were able to redeem for iPad and Camera!

So all in all, would look at the Arrival later but not very keen on it. The reason I did the 2nd app was to take advantage of the hard pulls would be merged if done on same day, so why waste a hard pull?

Last edited by Happy; Mar 11, 2014 at 4:51 pm