FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL's hubs more valuable than UA's?
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:09 am
bob_the_d

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by sinoflyer
AFAIK DL has not been able to make LGA/JFK profitable. I do not have solid facts to back that up, but at least they are making huge investments at JFK. Still, the fact that DL's NYC strategy includes in part transferring traffic between LGA and JFK makes its route network less optimal than UA (again, imo), but that does not correlate with the airlines' overall profitability as we are currently witnessing.
i used to fly US occasionally through LGA when it was part of *A, and over the years i was watching the slow but gradual takeover of DL in terminal C. it's still got a long ways to go in my opinion, but it's making noticeable improvements. their waiting area has ipads where you can order food from the gate, charging stations, a new sky club, and so on. US air put in a new club in there, but their footprint there is definitely shrinking (maybe something to do with the merger, i don't know).

meanwhile, i've seen UA do squat to make things better in the wasteland that is terminal B. i don't know about profitability and such, but you can definitely notice who's investing to make things better and who's not.