FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MH 370 KUL-PEK Missing: 8 - 14 Mar 2014 UTC - ARCHIVE WEEK #1
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:29 am
jxd

Originally Posted by bugsy
This kind of report just highlights why I stopped watching ACA long before I left Australia.

While it may be a security issue in the post 9/11 world, having passengers (who have no ill intentions towards the plane), in the cockpit does not automatically endanger the flight, even during take-off & landing.

I'm old enough to remember a time when visiting the cockpit was something most kids on a flight did, I know I did it on every flight I took...and it wasn't just kids, one of the last times I did it, I was sitting near a woman who was on her first flight, and so I made a request, and we both went up to the flight deck.

A quote from the video:

While the behavior of the crew described is not professional, it has little baring on the current situation, especially as the Captain on MH370 is different to the one on the flight described, and it is the captain not the copilot who would have made the decision to allow the girls to enter & remain in the cockpit.
It says a lot about the attitude of the pilot, and also, I don't think smoking is allowed in the cockpit, no?