FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine invasion and Transit Without Visa in Russia
Old Mar 10, 2014, 4:43 pm
König

What is up with using the in relation to Ukraine? I understand you are not Ukrainian yourself? What ground realities you are talking about? The invasion? It is a fact.

Russia has no legal right to invade Ukraine, especially because it is one of the guarantors of the Ukrainian territorial integrity according to the 1994 accord. Even if 99% of Crimean residents considered themselves ethnic Russians, Russia would still have no legal right to invade another country. To me it seems that it is you who has no clue about ground realities in Ukraine.

I really do not understand what Crimean "Russians" want to gain from being annexed by Russia, as their only "oppression" was the requirement that they learn Ukrainian language in school. They enjoyed free press and TV, freedom to assemble and a very broad autonomy within Ukraine. I guess their hatred toward everything that is Ukrainian must outweigh all that they will lose in Putin's Russia. But I digress...