FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes must be made at least 24-hours before departure for *A Awards? Cancellations?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:55 am
claurianta2

Star Alliance Award last minute change/cancellation

Hello,

On the UA website (http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ticketing.aspx) it states:

"When flying with one of our Star Alliance partners, changes must be made at least 24 hours before departure."

Does this mean 24h prior to the departure of the original flight or prior to departure the new flight? So for example could I call in 12 hours prior to the original flight to change to something a day or two later (availability permitting)? Or must I call in 24 hours prior to the flight I have booked?

The reason I'm asking is that I have to use a positioning flight and due to the weather where I live, reliability isn't great. I would leaving plenty of time between flights (like 12+ hours) to deal with delays, but if there is a cancellation I would likely be delayed by 24+ hours and would have to do something with the Star Alliance award (either change or redeposit), and would be calling in about 12-18 hours before departure.