FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:12 am
Mikeamg

As the sticky asked for experiences regarding applications made post-March 8th, I shall share mine.

I just applied today (3/10/14) for the IHG Card via the link in the sticky. I cut and pasted link into "incognito window" in a google chrome browser.

link took me to a rather shady looking IHG re-directed web page at which I could fill out the pertinent information for applying. the web-page I was directed to had no indication as to what the sign up bonus was or which card I was applying for.

I went through the application process twice today, once applying for a card for myself, and once in order to apply for a card in my wife's name.

Both applications were immediately approved and the approval window said "approved for IHG VISA."

At this time I will have to wait the two weeks to get the cards, at which time I will be able to tell whether I receive a VISA or A MC, and call and confirm which package my wife and I just got approved for. While I hope for the 80k, 60k is better than nothing for my current purposes.

I will update this posting when I receive the cards, call in, and confirm what my bonus in fact truly is.

- M