FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM "Economy Comfort" seats
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:47 am
FlorentFrance

Thumbs down really bad experience in KLM "Economy Comfort" zone

Hi all

This is my first post here, I have been an Air France frequent flyer for over 20 years. Being over 6 ft tall, I have upgraded my Dubai-Amsterdam ticket (KLM 0428) for the Economy Comfort zone to be able to sleep after a week of professional meetings.

KLM has placed in the 2 seats next to me a dutch couple with a 1 yr old infant and it has been hell during the all flight duration: the poor child has been crying and kicking me all night long and the mum that was seating beside me found nothing else to do to calm him down that shaking him nervously and shouting "shhhhh" at him all the time.

The KLM staff came on a few occasions asking the dad to walk around with the child but that was clearly not enough to give a chance to enjoy the extra legroom and give me a chance to close my eyes

I did not sleep one second and I am just after placing a complaint

It felt like flying with a low-cost airline like Ryanair despite the flight with the "upgrades" cost me over euro 1200

Next time I will definitely be flying with Emirates as KLM has obviously not a clue about respecting customer's wish for Comfort. This was a very louzy experience that I do not wish to anyone...