FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:07 pm
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Strawboy1230
I see, gotcha. Sorry about the confusion. Guess I'll just try to apply for a 2nd one before the promotion ends...$20k is a lot though, even with MS. Finding VRs in NYC is near impossible.
Are you using Amazon Payments? If not, and you have someone you trust to give you the money back, you can meet $4K of the $10K by making a $1k Amazon Payments transfer per month.

And Amazon means calendar month, not 30 days. So assuming you get your AA card somewhere in the middle of the month, you can use AP 4 times within the first 3 cc statements. So $4K in charges.

Just to be sure you understand, you can send $1K a month to anyone that sets up an Amazon Payments account. And charge it to any cc you wish with no fee. Make sure you click "Goods and Services", NOT "cash advance".

But do not have them send the money back to you thru AP, that violates Amazons T/C. They need to give you the money back in cash, check, etc.

A to B, and B to C, is fine. A to B then back to A, will get you shut down.

For the rest, I'm not in NY, so I don't know. Do you have a Walmart nearby?
Can you find a place to buy Visa Gift Cards with a cc ? Perhaps OneVanilla?

IF so, you can take the GCs to Walmart and either cash them in for money orders. Or easier still, use the Bill Pay system at Walmart to pay off the very cc you just charged the VGC on. Unlike VR and BB, there is no monthly limit on how much you can do this. Walmart limits you to 4 CGs per payment. But no limit to how many payments you make in a month.

The thread for that is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...y-walmart.html