FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver: Westin Grand, Westin Bayshore or Sheraton Centre (2005+) [Master Thread]
Old Mar 8, 2014, 10:55 am
Flews

Originally Posted by Triley
I need to ask others for their opinion on what I should do regarding a stay I have in Vancouver in June. I am a BRG mastermind it seems, and probably book over 50% of my stays using BRG rates.

I currently have the Westin Bayshore booked at a base cost of $185.87/night, and have already talked to the hotel and they agreed to guarantee my upgrade to a Deluxe Harbour View Room in the tower for an additional $45/night, so $230.87.

I am also waiting for the BRG team to review and accept a claim for the same days at the Westin Grand, at a rate of $158.62/night. Once accepted, I will see what upgrade offers they will be willing to offer me. My target price is around $225/night, so I guess I will have to wait and see what the Westin Grand offers me regarding upgrades that will leave me in that price range.

But as the situation is now, what property would you all recommend? I will post again in a few days once the claim is handled, and I see what the hotel is willing to offer, although going on current prices, I'm assuming that a Deluxe Corner Suite would be around the same price as the Deluxe Harbour View Room. Which would you personally recommend?
The Grand is all suites, so unless you are travelling with a large party, why would you pay for an upgrade?

I dint mind the Grand, but I decided on the Bayshore myself for a stay in June, although I am using points to offset a $100 price deferential.

Cheers,