FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MQDs using Ultimate Rewards or "Bulk Tickets"
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:01 pm
Renes Points
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Talking Challenge Accepted - Flights booked

Originally Posted by timmy83
Bull plop. I think the OP raises a concern worthy of discussion. Just because you're spending your time pushing that US Bank card doesn't mean you can write off these concerns as unworthy of our time. I have asked this same question in several forums and also of several reps and have only ever gotten one of two answers, "no" or "I don't know"

I think it's irresponsible of you to simply dismiss this, as you don't know the answer either. DL has said numerous times that the only way to be assured of MQD earning is by booking on DL.com or through a DL phone agent. If you are so assured, put your money where your mouth is, and book a DL trip through each of these channels and let us know how that goes. And if/when you do, give the FlyerTalk community credit for the idea.
Challenge Accepted - Flights are booked! ^
  • Used UR points 100% to book
  • Booked in V class
  • 006 ticket number issued
  • Should earn 173MQDs on base fare
  • CPM is BAD (11) & burning 18K UR points

Trip is at the end of this month and will both blog about results and report back here as to RDMs, MQMs, MQSs, MQDs & Skybonus earned (did I miss anything?)!

Will either debunk and end this or have breaking verified info and can follow up with DL CORP and Chase about results. As another data point, another blogger is doing at about the same time a mixed UR+CASH trip so will have 2x results to share.

PS - Anywhere good to go for lunch in Des Moines, IA?

Last edited by Renes Points; Mar 8, 2014 at 6:35 am Reason: Lunch