FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:37 am
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
London Westminster

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay ?
Yes, very good.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard, received Studio Suite with Club access. At least I think it was the same room I had last time which I was told is a Studio Suite. This time they just said it was a Club room.

How are the rooms?
Excellent quality all the way around, except this time I had the windows that others have complained about. That said, at night it was quiet and I slept well.

How is the exec. lounge?
Probably the best IC Club service wise, but I'll chalk that down to the fact that there are very few people in the club as compared to Paris for example. And for Bourbon fans, they've recently changed out the Jack Daniels for Buffalo Trace. ^

What was your welcome gift?
Still and sparkling water

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes.

How was the Minibar?
The same as before, but something weird happened. A year ago I think I must have said to them that they should have a can of Red Bull in the mini-bar like every other IC. So now I got a letter in my room saying that since I made this special request, I would be charged £6 for the Red Bull in the mini-bar! And there wasn't even a Red Bull in my minibar. So strange all the way around.

What was good and what was bad?
Good: Club access on a standard cheap booking.
Bad: Nothing serious.

Value for £ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes, great value.