FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA award flight cancelled due to schedule change
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:50 am
airb330

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Random Flyer
But what bothers me here is this - Why are so many board members apparently on the other side, nit picking at the OP's case and failing to acknowledge the bigger picture? What are their interests exactly? Why was it necessary for example to make a sneering sarcastic response to the news that the OP had gone to the DOT? This I do not understand.
It's always good to see things from another perspective. While I may not agree 100% with some of those posts/posters you casually mention, I have learned from a thing or two in this thread as well from them. Trust me, the AA forum is one of the nicest on Flyertalk. If this was almost any other forum, the real cheerleaders would be quite rude and defensive of United, Delta, etc. I'm not really seeing that here.

While I believe this conversation is interesting regarding metal neutrality, do most of us agree AA could have did a better job re-routing him? Even if it isn't on the BA flight, an AA flight through RDU isn't great. Even a PM JFK-LHR non-stop with a sincere personal E-Mail apology might have avoided the whole scenario.

Last edited by airb330; Mar 6, 2014 at 8:54 am Reason: can't type correctly today--typos