FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Istanbul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 4, 2014, 2:55 am
Stewie Mac
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by danger
Do you recall the cost and the journey time?

I have a stay here in late April. I arrive into IST at about 4.30pm and have a tour pick-up at 7pm (from the airport) for an overnight trip to Gallipoli. Ideally I'd like to take my luggage to the hotel and leave it there, then return back to the airport to meet the tour but I don't know if (a) it's economical and (b) if there is enough time. (The tour cannot pick-up at the hotel.)
Sorry, I can't help with cost/timing for the Istanbul Airport Transfer, but from experience with cabs I would say that the answer to (b) would be no. Best case, you're looking at 30 minutes from touchdown to taxi rank, then it's 45 minutes each way to the GH, and probably 15 minutes while you sort out leaving your bag... which is 2.25 hours, and gets you back to the airport at 6.45.

And that is *best* case - last two times I've been more like 40 minutes than 5 at immigration, which wouldn't get you kerbside before 5:30. And any kind of traffic snarlup (of which there are many many in Istanbul!) would leave you missing your tour.

In your shoes I'd look to use the left luggage at IST, and either just wait at the airport, or head down to Yesilkoy for a beer overlooking the Bosphorus.