FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:58 pm
loyaltypointschaser

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Considering a stay here on points for 4 nights, for my first time in Hong Kong.

After reading this thread am I right in saying that the chances of sweet-talking a free upgrade to a harbour view room is zero(am IHG Platinum)? I will be staying Monday to Friday in late March.

Do people feel this hotel is still worth staying in, with the knowledge that I will be definitely be given a kowloon facing room?

Finally is paying to upgrade the room to a harbour view worth it (subjective I know) for first trip to Hong Kong? $1200 HKD a night would be too much for me but $600 a night as someone above reported being offered would be doable.
The view from a harbour view room is simply stunning. If you don't mind moving room, perhaps you could also try to ask for a pay upgrade just for one night? I personal think it is worth at least a one night experience..

IC HK might not as generous as other ICs, but it is still a very nice hotel.
If you are only considering the IHG hotels in HK, I personally think 45000 points a night, even without the harbour view room, still a good value.