FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How much would you value Hyatt Diamond?
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2014, 2:43 pm
nhwiki

Programs: ex-Delta DM (NWA was nice while it lasted), Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by RTW1
Sorry, but if your not willing to post here but are just promoting your blog... this thread is useless to me.
I kind of agree with this sentiment, but here's my 2 cents worth. Although there are a lot of words on the blog post, they really only apply to the author. The value of being a Diamond varies widely, mostly depending on where you stay and what you typically spend out of your own pocket. Most of my travel comes out of my pocket, so I think long and hard about how often I stay somewhere and what it costs. But these days, those DSU's are worth their weight in gold, especially considering the notion that you can use them in C+P bookings. Use those DSU's wisely, and they are easily worth several thousand dollars. If you burn them at the Buffalo HR, well, then, what kind of a Diamond are you really, and why bother? But using them can easily save you 3 - 4 hundred a night . . .

Regency clubs - besides using them to pick up a soda or water, what else do they offer these days? And for all the folks raving about the offerings for breakfast or dinner at this or that club, if you are on vacation, do you really want to compete with dozens of folks grabbing at best Costco reheated stuff in most locations? Goodness, I'm on vacation, so I am going out to dinner.

DSU's and full breakfast (especially at PH's) makes this worth it for me, easily.