FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carryon baggage allowance? ...!!
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:32 am
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Baldpacker
Normally I'm lucky enough to fly Business on Emirates but yesterday I came through Dubai in Economy. I couldn't believe it but at check-in they had 2 people with a scale weighing all of the hand luggage. I could not believe it when they told me that I was only allowed 1 7kg bag (I'm only silver status with EK). I had just finished a 12 flight RTW journey on *A without a problem yet had to go back, repack, and check a bag with EK. My laptop, SLR, camera, related cables / chargers and small handbag still weighed 9kg but thankfully they let me through.

What is wrong with EK? Even Air Asia allows 1 carry-on + 1 handbag. Is this just a ploy to get people shopping more and thus checking bags or doing their shopping in the airport? It seems absolutely ridiculous to me that an airline of Emirate quality would have such a tight carry-on allowance.
That after repacking and checking luggage in, you still had 9Kg of handluggage, it would seem to me that you were extremely over the allowance. EK's allowance for handluggage is quite clearly stated at http://www.emirates.com/au/english/p...age_rules.aspx

This is not an atypical allowance