FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)
Old Feb 26, 2014, 9:36 am
FlyerMC

Programs: AA LT Gold SPG Gold ($30K AMEX)
Cartera denies my 2000 miles for an FTD purchase.

Looking for FlyerTalk wisdom on whether I should drop my pursuit of 2000 miles with Cartera per their September 2013 Promotion or continue (and if so where to).

September 6, 2013 – I receive promotion of spending $35 or more at any of the more than 900 retailers.

September 20, 2013 – I spent $40 excluding shipping and taxes at FTD
I did not receive the miles because Cartera says FTD is an excluded merchant per their Terms & Conditions.

After filling out Catera’s form, I received an email on February 18th “your FTD purchase was made through a direct offer that American Airlines has made available to its members.”

The email also said the Terms and Conditions of “Returns, shipping, taxes, gift card purchases, and certain products are not eligible for bonus; please see site details on any coupon code details or usage restrictions.”

I responded that (1) I did not make the purchase directly but clicked the email “Shop Now” and purchased FTD through the Cartera Advantage Portal. (2) The September Terms and Conditions did not specifically exclude FTD whereas the promotions since then (e.g. December) have (see below).

Today the agent responded that they understand the confusion, which is why they now explicitly state FTD is excluded (but the agent still did not award the miles).

Should I press on or drop it? Thanks.

The Terms & Conditions for the December promotion specifically exclude FTD (http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/12/07/a...for-250-spend/) - “Purchases made at FTD.com through the AAdvantage eShopping mall, returns, shipping, taxes, gift card purchases, and certain products are not eligible for bonus; please see site for coupon code or usage restrictions”.

But the Terms & Conditions for the September promotion did not specifically exclude FTD (http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/09/07/a...0-bonus-miles/) “Returns, shipping, taxes, gift card purchases, and certain products are not eligible for bonus; please see site details on any coupon code details or usage restrictions.”