FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Cancel award ticket / cancellation (time frame, taxes, etc.) (merged threads)
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:18 am
idainc

A very recent experience from a lifetime Gold:

- You are due all taxes back to the form of payment. In my case it took several rounds of correspondence with customer relations to actually get the money back

- I had one set of taxes returned to me in the form of an expiring paper voucher which took another round of correspondence with CR to get them to refund to the form of payment (this took an enquiry from the DOT) (this is still in “process”)

- Due to a routing change in the interim I was due a partial tax refund (this took 7 weeks and an hour on hold) (add DOT complaint and an excuse of "snow" from AA)

- I paid the reinstatement fee and that immediately came out of our checking account.

- The miles were only partially posted back to my AAdvantage account (the correction took another 45 minutes sitting on hold)

I’ve never had this much trouble in the past. Every single possible error was made by AA. What a nightmare.

Last edited by idainc; Feb 26, 2014 at 9:23 am