FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:56 am
jordandawg05

Originally Posted by Haleyb
There is a dedicated Hilton and Hyatt forum where you might get more help and you can read resort reviews.

For me Hawaii is all about the view, but I'm spoiled. Once you get rooms squared away look into activities. I think it is the TYP from Citi someone wrote about using to pay for activities. Dig around MR site too. Maybe not the best value redemption but I think any redemption that allows you to do something you otherwise could not do is a good value.

There are forums like this on the topic of credit and credit scores. The people that post are very knowledgable. There are a few things you might be able to do to increase your wife's credit score and show a longer history.

If you have a card with a long history that has always been paid on time and you add her as an authorized user it will show on her credit report and it may show up with the same age of account as you have. This is called piggybacking. I did this for my kids with a 20 year old Chase card and it did improve their scores and allow them to get their own cards.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/

There are other factors that you can effect. Credit mix is easy and has a fairly large impact. Installment loans are important, but harder to just go out and get, a store credit card is easy. Many will give anyone with an ID an account with a really low limit. Try Old Navy, or Target. These cards have no annual fee so open one and keep it forever to build up average age of accounts. Charge on it once a year to keep it open. It will result in an inquirery/hard pull but in the long run is worth while. Read the ficoforums!
Thanks for the information, i did start a few months ago to work on my wifes credit score. I did add her to my amex card (member since 02) so that should have helped right?

she did apply for discover IT and has a BOA credit card as a start. I also refinanced my car and added her on the loan. i could have her apply for a store card as well but rather her apply for a real card.