FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How can I afford to travel and how much money I earn from Travel Blogging
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:47 pm
Raffles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Oddly, despite having 5x her monthly views, I am never approached by advertisers! I dont think anyone else in our space is either. I did a teeny tiny bit last week for a Lufty subsidiary but that was it, ever.

On the other hand, Adsense works well for me at a better rate than she gets, primarily due to wealthier readers. And her affiliate numbers are laughable apart from Agoda (which is highly impressive).

Look at this page, though, with her detailed 3 month numbers - http://www.justonewayticket.com/work-with-me/

83 per cent bounce rate - only 17 per cent of visitors visit more than 1 page (mine is 52 / 48 per cent)

96 per cent new visits - only 4 per cent of visitors to the site over 3 months were repeats (mine is 40 / 60 per cent)

It is a remarkably unsticky site.

It also tells you something about Alexa, since her rank is higher than mine despite having 80 per cent fewer page views per month! My Alexa numbers are verified as well.

Last edited by Raffles; Feb 24, 2014 at 2:00 pm