FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Confirmed web booking and no car available
Old Feb 23, 2014, 3:16 pm
tentseller
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Confirmed web booking and no car available

I average 60 rental days/yr with Thrify fo business and pleasure.

I had twice due to late arrival at destination airport where Thrifty was out of cars. Once I was given a Caddy CTS upgrade from a compact and another time they got me a similar car with Budget at the same rate.

However within the last year, three times when I needed an extra car locally for two weddings and a funeral there was no car available:

Last August I was bounces around them, discount and enterprise for 4 hours without resolution day before wedding.
Yesterday got call at 9 for a confirmed 10am booking to inform me there were no car available anywhere and they could not do anything more leaving me high and dry. I had to borrow a car from a friend who carpool for the weekend with hs wife.
Last November for a family funeral with out of town relative I was left again without a car morning of the funeral and had to pay extra $450 for an extra car from funeral home.

This has never happened before since I gave Thrifty the majority of my car/truck rental business in 2008. What is the recent experience of others at non-airport locations?