FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Annual Category Change Announcement 2014 [effective March 4, 2014]
Old Feb 22, 2014, 12:55 am
Downunder girl

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by sdflyer04
I just tried to book at the Sheraton Waikiki for February 2015 and the only room that is loaded on spg.com is a suite. I called spg and they said that they can't do anything. I called the hotel and they said that they don't expect to load the standard rooms for a few weeks "after the category change."

Sheesh. That stinks!
Agreed . Personally there is no way in hell I would waste 20K points a night on this place when you can go next door to the much nicer, quieter Royal Hawaiian property. I think as others have already said here, this category change is going to bite Sheraton Waikiki in the butt . It is overpriced in revenue and points IMHO. I often find SW is more expensive than the RH (thankfully for me, it means I book the RH).

I was pleased to see that sense has prevailed and the Four Points in Sydney is going back down to category four (should never have made it to Cat 5 in the first place). Means more affordable C&P options in Sydney (for MRs) .