FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Annual Category Change Announcement 2014 [effective March 4, 2014]
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:23 pm
sdflyer04

Originally Posted by clublounger
They are not "gaming the system". One can book using the current award schedule all the way through early January of next year. They just haven't loaded the award rates beyond that.

The sky isn't falling…….
If they are selling "standard" rooms for dollars and not making them available for points and the reservation person at the hotel states (after checking with the person in charge) that they aren't planning to load the points rooms until after the category increase, how do you not call that gaming the system?

I'm not sure what you mean by the sky isn't falling. Are you trying to say that the rooms will be made available before the category increase? If so, how do you know that? With a jump from 12k per night to 20K per night starting March 4, in the flyertalk world, I call that the sky falling if the hotel is trying to avoid giving the 12K rooms. My planned 9 night stay will go from 96K points to 160K points. On this board, I suspect that I am not alone in thinking that is something to complain about.