FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:26 pm
cybaslacka

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, AA Gold
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
You are not Citi, and Citi has never before clawed back miles for cancellation, so I am not sure what the point of all this speculation is.

Citi has given 75K for $1500 purchase in the past, and still gives 50K for $3K purchase, and has never clawed back miles for early cancellation. True, those offers came with first year fee waived, while the 100K offer does not, but there is no evidence that this matters to Citi.

In any case it would be great if people would post all new and relevant facts, but no speculations and well-known/irrelevant data points.

I have received a 50K business card every 3 months for the last 3 years, and at least 25 personal cards in the past (25K-75K each time). All quickly canceled. Never a clawback. They will come after me before they come after you for canceling one card.

hahaha great datapoints! i must ask though, why in the world would you cancel the card within the first 3 months when the personal and business AA cards have annual fee waived the first year.