FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:49 am
daprophecy

Programs: SPG preferred, AA, United
Originally Posted by daprophecy
Just updating my previous post. Got charged the AF and statement credit on 2/18 (statement close) but haven't gotten miles yet. Anyone have any luck getting the AF back after you have been charged?
Updates to prior post.

Got the miles posted to my AA account on 2/18(statement closing) but couldn't see it till 2/20.

Cancelled the Citi Exec card and they gave me a couple of offers.

1. $100 statement credit with 5k bonus miles with $1.5k spend monthly for the next 3 months
2. $50 statement credit with double miles only if you spend $750 and only up till $750 for 16 months (comes out 24k miles)
3. $50 credit with 1k spend in the next month

The retention rep saw that I got the 100k offer for 10k spend, but later on in the conversation as she was trying to retain me she said there is another for 100k miles. As soon as she said it - she remembered that that I already did that offer - so if your Citi rep is trying to retain you, that offer may come up YMMV, which is not bad if you haven't gotten a second card. Also this card is on a separate program. The rep didn't see any of my other citi cards (simplicity and AA advantage card). She was asking why I wanted to leave after less then a month. Just wanted to leave a data point for you guys.

I did successfully close the card because I had already received my second card so I didn't need this. Also I will be getting the AF charge refunded. Hope this helps some people.