FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2K Bonus Points - APAC [Asia Pacific] Promo
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:14 am
3544quebec

Originally Posted by ZenWorld

And I must say that this is quite a good promotion, despite the caps on earnings (it is an easy earn - just 2 nights!) and extra clauses - so you can decide if it worth the effort to get the fine print rules sorted out, or just take a gamble. You would rather have the opportunity to earn extra points if you are already planning to stay with Starwood in APAC region, then having no promotion, given that there is already an ongoing promotion globally on the 5 nights to get 2500 points(bring on the nights). Just manage the fine print clauses if you want to be absolutely sure.

Its a very poor promotion when compared to the one that I registered for which had a maximum benefit of 90000 points compared to the promotion that you feel is quite good that has a maximum benefit of 6000 points.

What I find most objectionable is a post saying We have changed the terms and conditions of this promotion and you can check the new terms on this link. No apology that SPG had made a major stuff-up in the initial Ts&Cs of the promotion, no recognition that based on the original Ts&Cs some members may have made travel plans/bookings that now put them at a financial disadvantage.
Really poor form in my book.