FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The dumbest travel-related mistake you ever made?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:48 pm
zcat18

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by zpaul
While I've never messed up the airline, even on code-shares, I have tried to board the wrong flight more than a few times. I used to commute from DEN to ORD, and using AA that means connecting in DFW. After 10 or 12 flights in just two months, and a penchant for long layovers, I began to forget which direction I was going once I got to DFW...you can imagine the hilarity that ensued.
Originally Posted by WChou
Fly enough and it can happen. I did so many flight in the last 4 months of 2013 the jetlag, exhaustion, and so many different cities took a toll on the brain. One morning at breakfast, I had to ask the attendant in the Sheraton Club what city I was in. She was unfazed by the question which she has been asked many times.
Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
Reading the wrong line on the flight board, perhaps?
These are all likely scenarios. The one thing that really puzzles me is how she could get the airline wrong. There is heavy United branding just about everywhere--not one Delta logo to be seen--and she had been in the boarding area for at least 15 minutes prior to boarding. Delta is at the other end of the airport, accessible only by tram from the United gates. A combo of fatigue and misreading the wrong line on the flight board is the likely culprit. Regardless, we all make mistakes!