FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The dumbest travel-related mistake you ever made?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:01 pm
WChou

Originally Posted by zcat18
This wasn't me (I swear!), but yesterday I was boarding a United flight from LAS-ORD. The lady standing in front of me in the Group 1 line seemed like everyone else--did not appear to be an inexperienced flyer, moved confidently when the group was called, etc. When her boarding pass was scanned, it was rejected.

In fact, she was not in line for the correct flight...nor at the correct airline...nor was the plane she was attempting to board flying to the same city as her ticketed reservation. She was supposed to be boarding a Delta flight (completely different terminal at LAS) to JFK, not a United flight to ORD!

She seemed shocked, confused, and supremely embarrassed. I felt bad for her, but good grief--how do you make *that* mistake?? She had been standing at the gate area for at least 15 minutes before boarding began.
Fly enough and it can happen. I did so many flight in the last 4 months of 2013 the jetlag, exhaustion, and so many different cities took a toll on the brain. One morning at breakfast, I had to ask the attendant in the Sheraton Club what city I was in. She was unfazed by the question which she has been asked many times.