FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best credit card conversion rate to Asiamiles (HK) - 2014 and prior
Old Feb 20, 2014, 7:49 am
Mafai

Programs: BA- GGL, Hyatt-GLB, Marriott- AMB
Hi PercySmith

Thanks for the citibank analysis and the step by step on the cash advance. Appreciate it.

I'll rethink the citibank offer and if i do go ahead with the cash advance, will post back. My gut feeling i may be screwed with Citi giving their practice of gouging fees all the time. BTW the target X offer amongst us are 1x,xxx, 3x,xxx and 5x,xxx! Seems the less use of the card, then the lower the target. So those planning future promos from Citi, don't use the card till you get a good offer!

One more thing, it seems obvious, but when cards say "retail transactions, 'online transactions' are 'Eligible Transactions' etc.. with original credit card sales slips and original merchant sales receipt".....

Pretty much ignore the fact that online transactions don't have receipts? Or do I need to goto Cathay's office to issue a ticket and request a receipt? I've had issues with HSBC before with online transactions as not eligible.

Thanks again