FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shabby reward for loyalty!!
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:49 am
South London Bon Viveur

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by vjha
As a Silver Tier member of the Executive Club, my experience with the India office of the program has been less than satisfactory.

One reason for loyalty is the possibility of getting upgrades. I have purchased several upgrade-eligible Premium Economy tickets a long while ago with the hope that there will be seats for an upgrade, but the Club people keep fobbing me off saying they will first see if they can sell tickets in Business Class and only then entertain upgrade requests. So having tons of Avios in my account does not help!! Even now, I have been kept on hold, waiting for upgrades in three PNRs.

This is ridiculous, and totally opposite of what other programs like Miles and More do. In my experience, if I have an upgradable economy ticket and enough miles, straightaway I get an upgrade.

I am bot sure if this is a global Brirish Airways policy or whether only the India office treats its frequent fliers this shabbily.

In the past, I have had experience with rude customer care executives and there seems to be no opportunity to appeal.

I am now seriously thinking of switching my loyalties.
There is no excuse for rudeness at all, but other than that what you have described seems fairly standard to me for all airlines, even if it is slightly annoying from your perspective. The airlines will first want to see if they can book revenue on the seats- I suppose it's a bit like seat availability for redemptions. Just because you have the Avios does not mean you will be able to get a redemption ticket on the flight that you want to be on. Again, I think this is the way it is with most airlines.