FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] RGN First class comes back again!!!!
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:44 am
skywalkerLAX
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Deltahater
My position by now is this:

A trip has a value as it relates to time and circumstance. For example, a ski trip to Aspen in December has a different value than a ski trip to Aspen in August.

If I hire a wedding photographer, I want him there during the wedding, not the next day.

The RGN trip had a certain value to me at the time I booked it. LX took that from me. A replacement trip now (even if it is the same routing, class of service, etc), has a much lower value, because I need to BUY an additional positioning flight to RGN. I had that as part of my initial trip, but now I need to replace that.

As a result, I expect that LX will do better than just let me travel by Feb 2015. Maybe I am pushing it, but simply putting me through all this and then giving me what I was entitled to back in Sep 2012, won't cut it.

I now expect a RT ticket. (the outbound SAT-RGN can be in Y, as that is what I had before). Why should I have to do pay for another OW ticket to RGN just because LX had a hissy fit?

I understand the CTA won't grant me that. A court in the US might very well, as this is part of my damage model.
I think you are indeed pushing it.

Think of it this way: When you booked it you had to act fast, maybe you can't foresee all circumstances yet (and likely many many people would have cancelled or no-showed on these tickets). Now with the reinstatement everyone has opportunity to place the ticket to dates that are most convenient for them. I think with this you are already getting more than you had initially.

The ticket started ex RGN, it was never part of the deal or the airlines responsibility how you get there. That's why you should pay for a feeder ticket to RGN if you still like to fly. Thankfully I live in South Asia at the moment so my feeder cost is max 100$.