FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff <> Lufthansa IRREG Interview
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:25 am
N1003U

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by SMK77
LH is just a greedy penny pincher: they (over-)charge you whereever they can no matter of how loyal you are to them. Even HON are getting constantly milked and it's these tiny details that damage the LH brand so much. Non stop greedy
I am not ready to be quite so harsh, but it does seem to me that the needle is moving in this direction at LH. It will certainly be interesting to see how this effort to shake-down passengers at every opportunity will work out in the long run.

My impression is that bargain-fare infrequent/non-status passengers (worldwide) are being well-conditioned to trade cheap fares for harsh ticket restrictions. I am not sure it is a good idea to treat higher-revenue customers the same way, but it will be interesting to see if this model can be made to work.

I have had similar good experiences with CX in making small itinerary changes under both normal and IRROP conditions. Between their pricing, service to/in HKG and schedules within Asia, CX winning an increasing share of my business at the expense of LH/*A.