FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alamo Navigation option - factory GPS?
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:51 pm
kxc262

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by at4behe1
Hi, maybe someone has experience with this:

I have a FFAR reservation including navigation.

In Europe (at least in the countries where I had rental cars) you will get a car with factory GPS.

On the other hand, in US this seems to be different. "Navigation" still seems to be a mobile GPS device most of the time. I know that Hertz has its Neverlost device that as I understood is bolted to the car (even in some cases where there is already a factory GPS in the car).

Simple question: If I get the car at the Alamo Choice Line - will I have to get to the counter and get myself a Garmin or TomTom or whatever, or are there specially marked vehicles already including factory GPS?

Or the other way round - if the vehicles are not marked and the GPS is not fixed to the car likes Hertz's N/L, can you just take a car with factory GPS or will they recognize this at the exit booth and add the GPS surcharge to the bill?

You will almost get a handheld Garmin / TomTom

Here is a list of cars with factory navs
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...sent-lcar.html

In the past (rented from Enterprise) if the car has build in nav, no additional GPS surcharge.