FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MOTION PASSED: Create a 'Points & Miles Blogs' Forum
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:00 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Delta Points
This! I reference FT on either the blog or twitter almost daily. I link back to FT threads. I credit FTers as well. I like MP but bottom line, for now, FT is better. I want my growing readership to know about the value of most of FT!

However - the "blog & blogger bashing board" (what it really is and should be called) is just about worthless and the wild west. You can say anything nasty about anyone and it will not be removed by MODs. Just a big bash the blogs board. IMO, dump it all and let's get back to miles, points and helping FTers!
I disagree, but as you know, we can't discuss moderation. Issues involving violations of FT rules should be directed to the Community Director's attention.

IMO discussion of blog content and policies is appropriate, as is the comparison on various blogs; discussion of bloggers is prohibited by the rules. Moreover, the purpose of FT is to serve its members (and make profits for its owners), not to serve bloggers. FT already permits bloggers to have links to their blogs and associated businesses in signature lines, even when such blogs compete directly with blogs owned or marketed by FT and its owner or the blogs being advertised in this way are associated with competing travel websites.