FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Least number of miles for a flat bed CW redemption
Old Feb 18, 2014, 1:06 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
I'm guessing c-w-s is referring to the occasional substitution of l/h B767 aircraft for the scheduled s/h version on these routes.
Indeed I am. Having made that comment, I'm now scratching my brain as to how to do it.

The best I can think of is to check Flyertalk and the BA Source very regularly. Perhaps Flight tracker 24 too. Clearly the 767 is on regular rotation there, and if a 767 is unwell, and/or bad weather, redirects etc, who knows you may get a late sub. Generally you're looking for several incidents to collide in your favour.

You had an opportunity on Saturday afternoon to do a 747 from NCL to LHR, but only about 3 hours notice. Incidentally the cleaners whinged like mad about the state of the aircraft at NCL, they are used to 40 minute stable hops, not 11 hour rollercoasters. I noticed that both BAEC and avios.com were wide open for redemptions too, so keep a nice little reserve for that. I am told some people were seated main deck CW (but not First or Upper Deck). Probably the CSD could have been prevailed upon.

A clever, nifty BA would put the word out, purely to do the informal PR to which you are referring.