FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] RGN First class comes back again!!!!
Old Feb 15, 2014, 2:06 pm
BrewerSEA

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by RCyyz
I don't know the answer to this.

But keep in mind, CTA = Canadian Transportation Agency. They are not an actual court of law so in general they wouldn't be in the habit of awarding damages / costs incurred. Their role is really just to ensure that transportation in Canada is efficient. To do this they may need to resolve (adjudicate) certain situations in addition to issuing licences, permits and the like.

I suspect that if you want damages or some form of compensation beyond an F ticket from RGN, you'll need to head to court separately.
The CTA ordered the compensation I requested in my formal complaint, which was the first considered by the Agency. However, I actually purchased and flew a replacement ticket and did not request compensation for my positioning flight.

The Agency directed Swiss, in part, to:
1. Compensate Mr. Brewer, by July 18, 2013, for any expenses that may have been incurred as a result of the cancellation of his ticket, as well as for the expenses incurred for the replacement ticket that he purchased, minus the cost of the original ticket, upon presentation to Swiss of both tickets and all receipts.