FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]
Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:20 pm
PurdueFlyer

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

...Hmm, wonder if that's true with Gold. I need to check w/ my friend to find
2 weeks ago in my "promotions" on the website I was offered to buy back my Gold status for 25,000 points (only had 39 nights last year so I knew the downgrade was coming). I have about 370,000 points so this wasn't a huge setback for me, however I called the Gold line today and chatted with an agent about a challenge.

She offered me a gold challenge this year after 6 stays in 90 days. However you don't get the gold until you complete the challenge (I will have to deal with Silver during it). I asked her about any retro stays ( I have 5 nights and 3 days in Jan already) but she said "until the computer shows you as Silver, I can't start the challenge" and since technically I'm still a Gold, I have to wait. She checked with someone else and the status will actually "rollback" to Silver on 23FEB, so she started me on the challenge effective 24FEB. Once I meet the challenge I'll have the Gold until 31 JAN 2015.