FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:09 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Petrus
You raise a valid point there. The Lagrange only had about a third of a glass left in the bottle and could have been out for too long.

You have to drop me a PM if you pass through Stockholm and we'll pop some bottles.
On a side note, you'll like to hear an experience I had a couple of weeks back. There is a steakhouse in Mayfair which applies BYOW. So we brought along a very nice Cali Pinot and a decent Bordeaux:

To our bemusement the bottle was duff. We ended up with a Latour 90 instead. Works, I suppose.
Yes, the Latour would do as the Cheval Blanc should have!! I can't believe that you did not use your four hours in the lounge to charm one of the GF staff into bringing you brand new bottle of the Lagrange in the interest of science and fairness I mean, we wouldn't want Lagrange fans to complain that their wine of choice was not evaluated fairly because of that unsatisfactory bottle end!

Will PM on a visit and exchange notes on Bordeaux with both great interest and great pleasure!