FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frontier Launches Service from TTN to 3 New Airports
Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:00 am
EricR111

The F9/TTN groupies here (I am among them) love to guess what destinations will be next.

While the 3 Ms are possible, there is a 4th M that I would think might be even better, at least seasonally - Myrtle Beach.

But there is another question here -- what are the present cities to which frequency of service will be increased?

In May, RDU and MDW go to daily, and ATL and DTW go to 6x/week, MCO stays at 5x/week. F9 will have 60 flights/week out of TTN; at 7 flights/gate/day, they could squeeze in up to 98/week (TTN would have to reopen the remote parking).

Would ATL and DTW go to daily (and maybe even MCO, at least during summer when school is out)? Can you see an increase in service frequency at the other destinations?

Also, in terms of more fully utilizing TTN, what about moving to A320s? They have similar runway requirements to the A319. Gibraltar, which has a slightly shorter runway, has the A320 going as far as Manchester, UK, which is over 1000 nm away.

Also, what about the proposed bond to make further improvements to the terminal and move the Airport Offices to leased space just outside the airport? Would that space in the terminal that is now offices be used for an additional gate? Or perhaps just more seating to allow accommodations for 2 A 320s simultaneously?

A lot of questions, I know.....