FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France Premium Economy CDG-IAD 77W
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2014, 5:09 pm
DartagnanHSC

Programs: DL PM, US CP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by teme
Thanks for your a nice report.

Strange that AF serves the apperitive champagne from a plastic cup while the wine is served from a real glass...
Yes it is a shame that the Aperitif comes in a plastic cup. The glass for the meal comes on the tray and the FA brought another one for me for the digestif at my request otherwise this would have been a plastic cup as well. I also think it would be nice to have a pre-departure drink, but maybe that's asking too much :-)

Originally Posted by dchen2
Thanks for the report. I quite like AF's Prem Econ product. Colors/design look good (better than CX/BA's Prem Econ colors at least) and the domestic F sized seat width/pitch makes for a good pond crossing mid-haul flight.

The pleasant seat and good quality main meal reminds me of my AF J Affairs DTW-CDG-DTW flight two years ago.

As a wider/taller guy, I really like the extra width of the PE seats vs simply increasing the pitch for DL/UA/AA's Econ Plus offerings. And the extra elite qualifying miles bonus for buying PE helps a little bit too!
Thanks for your comment! One thing AF is good at, IMO, is esthetics. Even the cramped 10 abreast Y cabin on 777s is visually appealing to me...comfort is another story. Premium Economy is definitely a good option if you don't want to shell out $4K+ and have more comfort. As a DL Flier, I fly in Economy Comfort a lot, and of course there is no comparison since AF's is a true Premium Economy product. I wish DL would introduce a true W cabin. Some people don't like the AF PE seat because they either find it hard or that it does not recline enough, and although I agree to a degree, I find that the extra legroom and width (comparable to domestic F as you say) far outweighs the negative points. The 150% MQMs and 25% class bonus is definitely a big +

Originally Posted by xcalibir
Nice report. Beats Delta and United premium economy out of hte water!
Thanks! Yes, sadly the US majors have gone the Y+ as opposed to true W cabin route. it's a shame as I think there is some money to be made here...but what do I know :-)

Originally Posted by themapelligroup
Nice report! Thanks for sharing
Thanks for reading :-)

Originally Posted by flyerhog
Pretty nice trip, good pics, cheers man
Thanks for the comment!

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Nice report. Merci. Did AF follow up and offer compensation?
Merci à vous! Yes, AF did follow up (actually it was DL since they handle AF customer service center in the US) and they offered me 15,000 DL miles which I thought was fair. I'd heard from other pax that AF was only offering 8K or 10K for AF Flying Blue members. DL has always been more generous that AF in these situations, but then again skymiles are generally worth less than FB miles.