FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Changing FFN / Frequent Flyer Number on AA Bookings
Old Feb 10, 2014, 1:07 pm
mgcsinc

Programs: UA 1K
I asked a question in the oneworld Sapphire benefits thread about using my new (matched) airberlin status on AA. The side issue of getting the airberlin number into my existing AA reservation (currently booked using my AAdvantage number) came up. So, I though I would ask on this thread (since it's more relevant and since there was never an answer here) to make extra-special sure: If I call reservations and have the FF number on the reservation changed to my airberlin number (which has oneworld Sapphire status), the reservation will then be properly treated as having that status, right?

I has this unhelpful twitter exchange with @AmericanAir:
Me: Can I change the FF num on an existing res to get my onewolrd Sapphire benefits? Can it be done online or must I call

Them: You'll need to call Reservations for help getting that changed at 800-433-7300.

Me: Great, thanks for the quick reply. To confirm, I'll be able to make the change & get MCE, etc., through my ow Sapphire status?

Them: Reservations can verify that info for you too.
Can someone just confirm for me that this will all work and that I'll be able to update the FF number. It seems obvious that I would be able to, but you never know, and it would be nice to get the info from someone here rather than waiting on hold for an eternity. Thanks!