FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]
Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:24 pm
MDtR-Chicago
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
They denied me saying that their "internet rate" was cheaper, which it was. But I was comparing same for same. The king rate that I found was fully refundable. When compared to BW king rate that was fully refundable, my find was cheaper.
Cancellation policies are NOT part of the BW BRG. It's lowest price available for the type of room booked. This will usually work out in your favor compared to other BRG programs, since essentially any rate you find for comparison will work.

Originally Posted by DangerAvoider
The price of 4847 JPY you gave us corresponds to an Economy room, smoking room with advance purchase, which is not similar to the room booked on Best Western. However expedia.com offers a standard double room, non smoking that matched your best western reservation.
It's probably "Economy room, smoking" vs. "standard double room, non smoking" that's the difference. Especially smoking vs. non-smoking. Probably nothing to do with the rate rules themselves.