FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old Feb 9, 2014, 7:32 pm
TTnC4me

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by fbsd
Yes, I read all of that beforehand, but with all of the statements that the Exec card is considered a different product, and not having had a Plat card before, this particular scenario still seemed possible to me. Oh, well.
#1 applies to your situation:
1. Are these AA cards churnable?
Yes and No. The general rules are:
•Personal AA cards: As of August 25, 2013 all linked personal AA cards can be churned only after Citi decides that you are no longer an existing cardmember. This usually occurs between 12 and 26 months after your last successful AA personal card approval of any type. Although it is not a hard-and-fast rule, 18 months after previous approval is the most common. YMMV. You do not need to cancel old cards.
◦Note: You cannot circumvent this rule by applying for a card type different from your previous Citi AA card. If your last personal AA card was a Visa, the waiting period for your next personal AA card will be the same regardless of whether you apply for a Visa, MC, or Amex.

Applying for the exact same card is simply an anomaly similar to what we experienced last year.