FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]
Old Feb 9, 2014, 12:11 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
As it is for the Select card PQMs for UA purchases, which they do stop at 5000, regardless of total annual UA purchases and which UA has always been happy to discuss in detail. So clearly the infrastructure is there. It’s annoying and confusing that they will discuss PQMs earned via credit card UA purchases but not total UA linked credit card spending.

Hopefully it’s just growing pains and once the system is more established we’ll be able to call and be told (for example) “Hello Mr Jones, thus far to date you have charged $17,234.65 on your United linked Chase credit cards(s), with just $7765.35 more you will qualify for the PQD waiver for status up to Platinum.” (And we can then say or think “great, that’s exactly what I thought” or “uh oh, I know I’ve charged well over $20,000, what’s the problem”.)
I would not be surprized if the functionality is not added.

It does not exist for either of the dollar limits for Purchase PQMs or Spending Threshold PQMs. And for now, the number of customers looking for such functionality is probably very low.

For now, as I do with the lower limits, I will track myself. Incrementally it is very simple.