FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seaborne / BB and AA codeshares, etc. in Caribbean END 1 MAR 2014 (consolidated)
Old Feb 9, 2014, 9:54 am
JonNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by Churnman
Unfortunately, it still looks like Seaborne wants nothing to do with AA frequent flyers so obviously they aren't a full partner airline (no AA award seats available...ever). I hope the new AA will get a different partner in the near future (whenever the Seaborne/AA contract expires) for the jump flights from San Juan to EIS (Beef Island, Tortola), STX and STT. Looks like our next trip to VI will be just in and out of STT and possibly eliminate visiting BVI altogether unless just day trips. We enjoyed staying in BVI last time, but we also had award seats out of EIS since we had booked them prior to the deal with Seaborne. I refuse to pay for a Seaborne jumper flight when I can just use AA/BA miles out of STT. We did enjoy staying at Scrub Island, BVI, but I think we'll just stay in St. John since the ferry ride back to St. Thomas is quick. Ferry from Scrub to Tortola to St. Thomas is too long. We really liked the convenience of using the EIS airport. Oh well.
And, AA is about to discontinue codeshares with Cape Air (which duplicates a couple of Seaborne destination.)

As of March 1, American Airlines will no longer codeshare on Cape Air flights to the Caribbean, including travel from San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU) to Anguilla (AXA), Mayaguez, Puerto Rico (MAZ), Nevis (NEV), Tortola, British Virgin Islands (EIS) and Vieques, Puerto Rico (VQS). We are working with Cape Air to ensure that our customers with codeshare travel already booked on these routes will be able to keep their reservations, and will provide updates should there be any changes.

American will maintain its codeshare relationship with Cape Air on flights out of St. Louis, Mo. (STL) to Quincy, Ill., Cape Girardeau, Mo., Marion/Herrin, Ill., Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo., and Kirksville, Mo. In addition, customers will continue to have access to Tortola and Vieques through American's codeshare with Seaborne, and can reach Nevis via direct service to St. Kitt's Robert L. Bradshaw International Airport (SKB) from American's hub in Miami (MIA).

American constantly evaluates its overall network and codeshare partnerships to ensure we are meeting customer demand and as a result, we have determined to discontinue our codeshare with Cape Air in the Caribbean. We value our relationship with Cape Air and look forward to continuing to codeshare with them out of St. Louis.