FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old Feb 8, 2014, 8:38 pm
xcg001

OK, found the relevant quote from the application page under "Additional Program Information":
+ For benefit to apply, the CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ account must be open 7 days prior to air travel AND, reservation must include the primary cardmember's American Airlines AAdvantageŽ number 7 days prior to air travel.
Not sure what they mean by 7 days (application, approval or actual card activation?) but most likely they did not had enough time to activate AC club membership.

Originally Posted by ellaq2008
Hi, not sure if anyone has used the card to access the AC club recently. I tried to use it today, but was told that my card was not associated with an AC membership. I ended up using my Amex Platinum. When connecting at a second airport, I went to another AC to try again. The agent said I was not the first one with this issue, and let me in without problem.

I sent a secure message to Citibank, they were not sympathetic and just said that I should be able to go in without problems. I responded and asked if they can guarantee that this will never happen to me again. Seems like something is missing...