FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using SkyMiles on SkyTeam & Other Partners: The Discussion Thread
Old Feb 8, 2014, 8:16 pm
VladQ

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by ethos
I'm looking at trying to put an award itinerary together in business. I've noticed that for PPT->LAX O inventory doesn't seem to be available still close in, but X inventory seems to be available pretty far out.

Is it possible to book the business itinerary for most flights but grab the X inventory for the PPT->LAX segment and then call and pay the change fee to get O when/if it opens?

if anyone is wondering trying to put together something like below
Looking to try
IAD/DCA -> LAX -> BNE -> CNS | Open Jaw | AKL -> PPT (stopover) -> LAX -> IAD/DCA
You should mention specifically that X and O are AF award classes. I don't think many here are redeeming often on LAX-PPT to know this. There is also TN (which you are obviously using to fly back from AKL) where award classes are I and W.

The answer to your question is Yes. Go ahead and book X and set up an alert on AF O in EF. By the way, your taxes will be messed up with this routing as DL computers add TN taxes on LAX-PPT, even if you fly AF.