FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)
Old Feb 8, 2014, 7:27 pm
MarkBearSF

New Cards - a comparison

Within the past few weeks, I've gotten 2 new premium level airline credit cards. The differences are startling.

About 3 weeks ago, I received the VX Premium card from Comenity. As discussed, it's flimsy and I worry that the numbers will come off. Their support for online options are limited.

Today, I received my new Aadvantage World Elite MC from Citibank. It arrived in a classy black presentation box. (The unwrapping experience is worthy of Apple) The card itself is very impressive and understated with metallic dark slate color and silver highlights. The online and mobile experience is world-class.

Quite a comparison. You can tell who the big dogs are in both airlines and banking. Although, in both cases, these are the premium cards in their offerings, perhaps the difference in the companies' sizes makes it an unfair comparison. (Although the base annual fees are $149 vs $450, the latter has a statement credit of $200 - and benefits like AC membership are more extensive).

...now that I got the $1K spend taken care of for VX, I've gotta' get working on $10K for my 100,000 AA bonus.

Last edited by MarkBearSF; Feb 8, 2014 at 7:36 pm