FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]
Old Feb 8, 2014, 3:33 pm
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

First you have learned Chase does not provide the agents with YTD spending (and neither does the online account) -- so not directly available. Not surprising since I doubt 99.9% of the customers care (even with the addition of PQDs). That seems to answer, is it available?

Second the agent mentions adding the statements (which can easily one time be corrected for previous year calender spending) This could be done in spreadsheet and updated monthly -- 60 seconds max. And if you really wanted to add the Month to Date spending which Chases offers online, you have the number with little effort. You have the raw data, not sure the about the concern to verify????

If you don't trust UA/Chase -- track it yourself or trust UA/Chase

BTW I have track the numbers for years because of the PQM spend bonus and have never have a raise to be concerned on the accuracy.
Thanks for your reply. I can easily calculate my numbers, my questions are can Chase and UA correctly do the same thing? If they cannot tell me how much I’ve spent until now, how will they know when I’ve surpassed $25K? (Maybe they simply have a No/Yes toggle built into the system?) Regarding concern to verify, it’s the same reason I balance my checking accounts periodically and verify my miles and points postings and review my brokerage and credit card statements and my paystubs and W-2 forms; pretty much anything having to do with dollars and someone else’s calculation of my dollars. Between fraud and incompetence and computer bugs, there are many reasons to verify. Perhaps on this topic we can agree to disagree. Thank you again.

(I too have tracked all my numbers for years and I DO have reason for concern. I’ve had fraudulent charges post to my credit card accounts, I’ve been notified by credit card issuers that my account(s) have been compromised and thus closed with new accounts issued, I’ve had significant numbers of points and miles NOT post as they should. According to many others here regarding various specific topics (points, miles) plenty of other people also verify on a regular basis.)